Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Old Dolls

Today I received some old dolls from a relative.
They're actually pretty cute, not like the creepy dolls I'm used to getting.
One of them, I know, is from Okinawa (おきなわ人形) and I'm pretty sure she's from the late 1940's to the early 1950's from what I could learn online.


Anyways, here are pictures of the dolls~



This one is my favourite, it's a shame it wasn't properly taken care of.
Her hand is missing, I had to glue her hair to her head, she has something sticking out form her stomach (I hid it in the picture) and under her Kimono, one of her legs is broken.


This is the one from Okinawa. If you look at the bottom closely, here in the pic,
you might be able to make out the words (in Japanese) "okinawa ningyou" which means "Okinawa doll". I was told it was made after the war.


I couldn't tell you anything about this one,
other than it looks high enough classed, and it has fairly good condition.


 This is a group shot of them. Is it me, or do the center and left dolls look like
their doing a common, everyday, American hand touch? Like they're saying "what's up dude!?",
haha.


Here's a different angle.


Not sure if they're worth much or not, but they're really cute, I think.
Not that I'd sell them eve if they were worth anything.


Anyways, just thought I'd share that with you.

1 comment:

  1. Those dolls are cute. (:
    I'd enjoy owning some old pieces of culture like that.

    ReplyDelete

Followers